4.17.2017

He Is Risen | Easter at home


We had a wonderful weekend hosting family for Easter here at our home. We had Brenton's parents and all of his siblings with us. His oldest brother, Jon, and his family came from Texas. Isaiah got to spend some time with his cousin Milas creating some fun memories. We enjoyed the beautiful weather outside on Saturday and ended the night with a bonfire and s'mores. We attended our home church for an incredible Easter service, and then came home to a really yummy meal. We also did (for the first time) an Easter egg hunt. The boys caught on really quickly!

I have come to truly cherish this holiday because this is an important day in my faith. A day to reflect on the fact that Jesus came to take MY place. He loved me so boldly, so deeply, He took on my sin and shame on the cross. He defeated the grave and has victory over death. Because of His act on the cross, I now get to stand holy and blameless in the sight of God. I am washed clean, white as snow, by crimson blood. Praise You, Jesus! I know my Redeemer lives!


When You rolled the stone away,
when You walked out of the grave,
You were standing in the light of day
and everything changed.

You said, "Do not be afraid."
You were scarred, to heal the pain.
You defeated death and shame
and everything's changed, everything's changed.

And when I mess it up,
You say Your love's enough.
You say You'll never leave or forsake me.
And when I come undone,
You are the only One
to say You'll hold me now and forever.
And I will never be the same.
    
       - Ellie Holcomb ("I Will Never Be the Same")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Berger & Co.. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.